Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy NaNoWriMo---I'm screwed!

It has come to my attention that maybe I shouldn't have signed up for NaNoWriMo. After months of anticipation, I really don't think that I am going to have the time to dedicate towards writing a new novel, plus editing my existing one, helping my sister and brother-in-law open a new bar and grill, helping my other sister-in-law lay hardwood every Saturday and between holidays, birthdays, and my regular job...I am pretty sure that even I have my limits. (Shhhhhh....don't tell anyone I said that).

The effort it takes to writing 50,000 words in a month is amiable, but to throw a million types of projects and other things on top of it...makes me really think if I want to write...do I want to write...just to write crap as long as it is writing or should I just pace myself...get done what I can finish and say to hell with it at the end of the day regardless if it gets done or not?

I'm a result oriented type of person, so nothing is ever good enough. I think I am going to play it by ear. I'm going to start my Nano project and try to do everything as well as I can and at the end of the month, at least I can say I tried.

To the inspired and decicated Wrimo's, Good luck to you. I hope that you achieve your goal in finishing your novel and that at the end of the day, you can feel accomplished.

No comments: