Thursday, January 5, 2012

Writer's Conferences and the Critiquing World!


The critiquing world begins. I’ve been diving into critiques for other writers, so they will critique my work while Jennifer has been in cahoots with Age of Eden edits. She is working on our newest query letter. Thank God, she isn’t leaving it up to me.

I find myself wondering, what in the heck do these literary agents want? What are they looking for? I know it is all subjective and about the right time, place, etc. But dang, I’m not getting any younger, neither is Jennifer. Seriously though, we have been head over heals in editing, critiquing, and writing It’s all very exhausting. I wish I could snap my fingers and everything could be done, but Rome wasn’t built in a day. I hope it gets pretty soon, though.

I’ve been spending time rewriting my Reapers book: The First 22. I’m having to change a few things around but luckily I only have 25,000 more to go, lol.

Better get back to this so called life. TTYL friends. And if you haven’t already looking into this years writer’s conferences, you should do so.

Friday, April 20th is the Southern Kentucky Writer’s Conference, FREE of charge! http://www.sokybookfest.org/


2012 Midsouth Fall Conference


September 14-16, 2012


Hilton Garden Inn – Vanderbilt


Nashville, TN




- Pre-Conference Intensives offered on Friday


- Pitch Sessions with Sarah Davies (Greenhouse Literary)


- Face-to-Face or Written-Only Critiques                                                                                                                      


- Fiction Manuscript Contest in 3 Categories: PB, MG, YA


- Illustrator Contest


2012 Midsouth Fall Conference Faculty Includes:


Tracy Barrett - Award-winning author


Sarah Davies – Agent, Greenhouse Literary


Stephen Fraser – Agent, Jennifer Di Chiara Literary


George Ella Lyon – Award-winning author


Martha Mihalick – Editor, Greenwillow Books


Martha Rago – Art director, HarperCollins


Liz Szabla – Editor-in-Chief, Feiwel and Friends


Kristin Tubb – Award-winning author


Stay tuned for more faculty announcements!

No comments: