Thursday, July 5, 2012

Great Expectations!!


I intended to write every day this week but I have been going full blast since Monday. It has been non-stop chaos. Tomorrow is Friday and I only have 1,400 words to show for the week. It’s sad but true. And I have come to a horrible realization that some of us, though our intentions are good, we will never commit the time and effort it takes to become a writer. I can only influence and motivate myself; I can’t influence and motivate the world.

But, I have been doing lots of research about the setting and prior crime wars in the area from the 1900’s and some profiling of the mob members and identifying some key characters in the novel. I’m hell bent on getting some words down and luckily for me I have one more week to do it. And for those of you who don’t know me…the first novel Jennifer and I wrote was finished in less than fourteen days. If I keep pounding away, I will be there in no time.

Okay, I’m off to listen to some Enya music and pound away on the keyboard. Hakuna Matata and I hope everyone is staying cool in this hot weather.

No comments: