Monday, December 3, 2012

Ruts and Great One Liners!

There are no excuses for my behavior. I have fallen into a rut and have no way to dig my way out. I know the creative juices are still there because I keep coming up with these awesome scenarios in my head…bestselling book ideas…and these first liner ideas that are blowing me away.

And I have come to the conclusion that the holidays are a time for slumps. Maybe it’s because of the cold weather…or for the fact that I am tired of reading my own crap. Either way, I’m going to hound myself until Christmas...I hope to pump out 10k words a week. Ambitious you say? Absolutely…between watching my niece, making Christmas cookies, I stay pretty busy…lol.

On the bright side, I just learned that Miss Kentucky reads my blog. I know this because she attended our local Bowling Green Christmas Parade and when she saw me, she ran up to me and hugged me. Then confessed that she’s been keeping up with my small and minuscule writing career. I was in awe that our little local celebrity had been keeping an watchful eye. I hope I don’t disappoint!

In the next few days, I’m hoping to post quite a bit more…probably some of my one liner ideas…actually. How about I post one now? It will keep you pining for more! Here goes nothing…

“I heard the sound of metal plowing into flesh before I saw the blood on the window in my rearview mirror.”

See…great one liners. I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Good luck turning one liners into whole stories! (First line is the hardest, so really, you're almost done!)