Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Imagination is Everything


I am thankful for other people’s imagination and creative talents.

This feeling came to me as I was reading/singing to my son before bed. We were reading, There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Fly, for the third time. This particular version of the story is in a pop out book, which is really cool. I am amazed by the creativity and the colors and images on the page that capture my son’s attention along with the catchy rhyme of the story. I do change the ending though…I don’t say perhaps she’ll die.

Reading everyday for my pleasure or to my son creates a wonderful escape. I am thankful to all the authors and illustrators that are able to capture and pull me in to another world. Life can be hard enough, the escape from reality that they create makes all of my everyday trials seem less.

My son at three already has an amazing imagination, which I believe in part comes from reading him books and genetically through me of course. I love that he uses his imagination while playing and talking with his toys by creating another world for himself.

Thank you to all the people out there that use their imagination everyday!

No comments: