Monday, April 22, 2013

Is this thing on? *taps microphone*


Due to an over abundance of procrastination, a double dose of life altering stress, and an unflinching desire to do better, this author is making her first attempt in a while to bring her journal back to life. Someone grab the defibrillator! Stat!

Seriously though, I've fallen victim to that ever present threat that the world often calls real life. Granted I know this is an affliction that every human being is infected with, but I have a horrible habit if allowing it to distract me from the things I need (have) to get done. The most recent necessity being the need to finish Stacey's and my book collaboration, which is in its finale stages. I'm not going to lie, I've dropped the ball in a major way while Stacey has picked up the slack and done an incredible job of taking my dropped ball and keeping it rolling. She's is one badass b**** who knows how to get things done. And both of us are ready for this book to be finished and sent out for one final, lay it all out there, set of submissions.

I think we're both looking forward to working on some new stuff. I have Olivia's Ghost that needs desperately to be finished and Stacey has her Reapers book that is, in my opinion, the best and most original thing she's ever written. Plus we both have several slutty new novels that are scratching around in our brains.

Honestly, the number of S.N.N.'s in my brain have risen exponentially after this past weekend when Stacey, Tina, and I attended  the annual Bowling Green book convention. We always find ourselves overflowing with inspiration after we attend. Being surrounded by people who are just as obsessed with the literary world as we are, is a good conductor for creativity. It's also that kick in the butt that I needed to juice up my previously drained motivation and get back in gear.

Today alone, I signed up for a Secret Agent competition, began the process of revamping my website, and posted on the blog. Yay, me! *stands up and cheers* Too bad there's so much more to do. *sits back down and sighs*

So, hopefully this week I'll take the time to update a bit more. Stacey is trying to build up her social platform, which is a fantastic idea. I think I'm going to try and follow her lead. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Tina S Lamb said...

I admit Stacey is the leader of the pack. This weekend was a huge picker up for all of us. Hopefully, we can all follow our leaders example.