Tuesday, May 3, 2011

T-Minus Eleven Days

In the back of my mind, I have Europe's, It's the Final Countdown, playing in my mind. Eleven days until graduation and it has been a long and hard journey. The sacrifices I have made to become a college graduate....and I hope that it's well worth it.

Today, I spoke with my aunt and she asked me what I planned on doing with my degree and I said, "Nothing, until I know what my writing career is going to look like." And then I continued the conversation by saying that I have become very ambitious and want a literary agent before September. That might sound aggressive, but I don't think it's aggressive enough. As soon as school is out, we are going to finish perfecting AOE, formatting it into a formal manuscript and then sending out our query letters.

You can say that we are fairly nervous; I hope we get a bite soon, because I think if we don't then it will deflate our spirits, but we do have a list of top twelve agents in our genre that we will send our queries out to first.

Julie Barer
Barer Literary, LLC

Jim McCarthy
Dystel & Goderich Literary Management

Ginger Clark
Curtis Brown, Ltd.

Anne Hawkins
John Hawkins & Associates, Inc.

Barry Goldblatt
Barry Goldblatt Literary Agency, Inc.

Irene Goodman
Irene Goodman Literary Agency

Wendy Schmalz
Wendy Schmalz Agency

Susan Schulman
Susan Schulman Literary Agency

Bill Contardi
Brandt & Hochman Literary Agents, Inc.

Laura Rennert
Andrea Brown Literary Agency

Jodi Reamer
Writers House

Rosemary Stimola
Stimola Literary Studio

Kate McKean
Howard Morhaim Literary Agency

Alan Nevins
Renaissance Literary & Talent

And then after that, we are going to query everyone in that genre.....no particulars until we get either rejections or partial submissions, or even maybe full submissions...I'm hoping for the full requests. And if we are lucky, we will become as famous as Stephanie Meyer or Lauren Kate....either or.

Then we can start living our lives the way we want to. The End.
P.S. Charlaine Harris' new book is coming out today, Dead Reckoning.

No comments: