Monday, August 8, 2011

Life, Writing, New Books, etc.

The last three weeks have been super hectic! My twin sister got married this past weekend and I was the maid of honor. Needless to say, my toast to the bride and groom was epic. I had a lot of guests come in from out of town for the occasion and I spent most of my time entertaining them and running around trying to help my sister.

On writing: I’ve been working on a few other projects besides AOE and The First 22…I have started writing a grade school project. It’s a book filled with scary stories and I am happy to say that I am 5/6 of the way finished with it. So, a few more hours of writing and it should be complete. I’m going to try to finish that up before the end of the week so I can start querying next week.

After that, I plan on finishing the First 22 and at some point Jennifer and I are going to do a mass re-edit of Age of Eden. We’ve decided to cut the entire prologue and to use the first chapter as the introductory chapter. And then we are going to cut, cut, cut anything that doesn’t add to the story line. No, I am not looking forward to it but it has to be done.

Wednesday is my 26th birthday. That means I am on the downward slope to 30, blah. I am very very depressed about the situation. I know that 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20 but what I really want to know is do people who are 40 still have as much fun as they did at 26? Because if they did, then maybe the age thing wouldn’t be bothering me so much, I hope so.

This year’s season of True Blood got off to a rocky start for me but it is getting better and better by the week. Charlaine Harris was a genius in the first 5-6 books of her Sookie Stackhouse series but since they bought the television rights to her series and she has became rich, rich, rich; she no longer cares about the plot of the series. It has become OUTRAGEOUS and horribly uninteresting. And I have felt cheated the last 2-3 times her books have been released because I am obligated to go and buy them just to see if the next one lives up to my expectations and I am horribly disappointed every time. It must be nice to become so rich that you quit caring about the craft that made you what you are. Eventually, her readers will get fet up with her books and rebel but what’s even worse is now that Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are married, the director seems to be twisting their characters so they end up together but everyone who is a fan of the series knows that Sookie is suppose to end up with Eric, not “King” Bill.

On a happier note, I couldn’t be happier that Bloodlines is coming out by Richelle Mead. Her writing style is very ideal and I love, love, love me some Adrian. I can’t wait. I hope everyone has a good week and until we meet again, Adieu.

No comments: