Friday, March 25, 2011

Yes, it's true. I am in fact alive!

Sooooo…rumor has it that I’m a slacker who has tragically become a slave to procrastination. True story? Sadly, yes.

While, I whole heartedly admit that my partner in crime has it far worse than I do, as far as being busy, full of stress, and lacking in free time, I on the other hand have no reasonable excuse for not posting on the blog more than I have. It’s been over a month since I took the time to write down my thoughts about anything that isn’t related to school and that’s just sad and pathetic. And yes, dear readers, I am ashamed.

On a good note, tonight after talking to Stacey, I decided (without conferring with her, which I will do later today since it’s past 4 in the morning lol) that I was going to do some editing on the chapters that we’ve all ready done for AoE: Hell to Pay. I had originally said that I believed it would be a better idea to leave the editing alone until after the entire book is finished, but right now, I feel somewhat detached from the storyline and I need a reminder of what we’ve done and where we’re going. It’s one of those things where I know where the book begins and where it ends, but finding that middle section is eluding me a bit at the moment. Hence, the getting reacquainted with the story and the characters. I don’t know how we’ve gotten so far off track with this book, but we’ve got to get our booties right back on the train and get moving.

I think Stacey and I both need to come up with some form of a schedule where we can start regularly writing on the book. Even if it’s just one or two chapters a week, that’s better than the big old nothing (aside from the chapter 2 that Stacey so brilliantly shot out…I swear she’s an overachiever. ;) ) that’s been the last couple of months. Every little bit helps and I want to get this book done so that we can do revisions on book 1, get it polished and perfected so that we can start working on getting it queried, which is a frightening thought in and of itself.

I swear, there’s just so much more to writing than I ever thought there was. Though I do absolutely love it, writing is hard work. It takes diligence and dedication that I admit I’m struggling to master.

Anywho, I’m drowsy as hell at the moment and my thoughts are starting to bleed together. Seriously, my fingers are typing without an effort on my part. I swear, sometimes they have their own brain that is frequently smarter than the one in my head lol. Sure sign that it’s time to sleep when my fingers start thinking for themselves. So, goodnight, sleep tight, and watch out for vampires…they bite!

No comments: