Friday, October 7, 2011

Book Review: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

First off, I would just like to say that this book was right up my alley. Something that I’m sure is rather obvious based off some of the previous blog posts that have been published on here, is that I am a huge fan of anything paranormal or supernatural whether in book, television, or movie form. So, when I go to the library and step into the YA (I’m also a sucker for YA novels) section, the first books that catch my attention have some form of supernatural entities in them and I’m not entirely picky. I like zombies, fairies, vampires, werewolves, witches, you name the supernatural creature and I’m a fan. Which is why I absolutely fell in love with Paranormalcy. Ms. White had all the creatures listed above and then some.
So, without further ado…

Evie looks like a normal girl, talks like a normal girl, and dreams of being a normal girl. She likes to shop, she is obsessed with the characters of her favorite television show Easton Heights, and, even though her best friend is a mermaid, she can gossip with the best of them. There’s just one problem. Evie isn’t normal.  She’s not even sure she’s human.
Taken from the foster system at a young age, Evie was raised within the structured walls of IPCA (International Paranormal Containment Agency). Evie is special, you see. She sees the world differently than anyone else because she can see supernatural creatures as they really are and not just how they wish to be seen. Because of this gift, she has been trained to capture and retrieve countless creatures all in the name of peace, or so she thinks.
But the agency is rocked as countless creatures are found dead throughout the world and the numbers of attacks is growing by the day. Now, Evie must find out who is doing the killing, figure out how to stop it, and understand why she feels such a strong connection to the being.
Can she stop the murder from killing again? Or will she become the next victim? Only one thing is certain, time is running out and someone’s death is right around the corner.
 ____

The Sequel Supernaturally is all ready available to read as well and the third in the series Eternally will be out early 2012.
Both of these books are going to be on my tbr (to be read) pile, as there are a couple of other books that I plan on reviewing which are a bit higher on the list at the moment. I would definitely recommend that you pick up a copy of Paranormalcy though because it is well worth the read.

You can find more information about Kiersten White and her books at http://kierstenwhite.com/ . She's definitely an author to watch out for.

No comments: