Wednesday, April 25, 2012

OCD...Control Freak and Writer Frustrations


I’ve found that I am somewhat of a control freak. It’s not my fault I’m infatuated with excel spreadsheets and organization. I like knowing a schedule is nailed down and that my lists (travel lists, expense lists, grocery lists) are available. Call it a certain type of OCD. But, it’s definitely something I can’t control.

I’ll be headed towards Michigan on Friday to stay with Rebecca…travel lists in hand. Somehow or another she conned me into being a date to her cousins wedding…someone I’ve never met. What’s the proper etiquette and protocol on that? Do I dress up or dress down? Do I take a gift card or just wing it? Every wedding I have ever been to, I have been a part of. So, forgive me if I ask if it’s okay to wear black to a wedding, lol.

I’m glad to know that this week, my peers in writing are lost in a world of books. We aren’t really writing anything, yet. But, we're making notes and getting inspired by reading books that we have been procrastinating to read. I finished my Fifty Shades and Fifty Shades Darker. I’m in the middle of Fifty Shades Freed and there are two novels of Heather Graham’s that I bought at the book conference this weekend that I would love to sink my teeth into and then there is one additional book by Deanna Raybourn that I would like to finish before I go on my race to finish my reapers book.

It’s very frustrating working on a manuscript and getting so aggravated at looking at it that you just want to throw it up in the air and use it for skeet shooting. But, at times like these…I know I am not the only one who struggles as a writer. I know my co-hearts feel my pain and also fantastic authors like Stephen King who were frustrated and in my shoes. I can appreciate that.

Well, I’m off to see the Wizard today…I have got to get my mop cut and dyed and then I need to start packing my bags for Detroit. Love you all and good day!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Have fun! And yes, I think you can wear black to weddings. I think. Might want to google it. I've never been know for my stylishness!