Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Random Musings...Fifty Shades of Grey


These last few months have been busy, busy, and busy. And the next two months will only get busier. I leave for Michigan on Friday and I will not return to my happy home until the following Friday. And then I get to attend one of my friend’s baby showers—note to self, buy lots of diapers.

Then the following weekend I have a graduation and a family cornhole tournament that I must attend. And then the following weekend, I am throwing my youngest sister Brandi a Bridal Shower! For those of you who don’t know, I have a knack for throwing divine showers (baby and wedding). The weekend of the 26th will probably be my sister’s bachelorette party and then the following weekend is her wedding.

I’ve been thinking about my reapers book and to be honest, I really need it edited. Go through and shred it to pieces…momentary problem, I keep forgetting my thumb drive that contains my entire life’s work. Therefore, all I can do is brainstorm while I’m at work while secretly taking notes that will lead to my literary success.

FYI—I’ve recently became addicted to one author’s blog. Her name is Deanna Raybourn and I met her at the Southern Kentucky Writer’s Conference. She is both witty and undeniably humble. She has several series and stand alones published and out for sale. I visit her website daily and read the musings of Mrs. Raybourn who in return, leaves me laughing and wanting more.

For those of you who know me, I am in fact an avid reader. I am completely distraught if I don’t get the chance to sit down and read at least one a week. My most recent reading venture has been the Shades of Grey Series by E.L. James.

I read the first one in a day on my ereader and the next day, I flocked to Barnes and Noble and bought the next two in the series, Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed. This is an Adult Erotica Romance novel…and I have referred it to Jennifer and Becca. Jennifer has finished the series and Becca has just graduated from the first ‘vanilla sex’ scene.

Fifty Shades of Grey is an epic romance between two completely different people from two different worlds; Ms. Anastasia Steele makes a last minute decision to do the interview for her best friend Kate when Kate falls ill and is unable to complete the interview that would change her journalism career.  Unfamiliar with her interview subject, Ms. Steele meets Mr. Grey and the tension between them is electrifying. Though, she can’t understand why a millionaire would want anything to do with a college student.

When she leaves Mr. Grey, she thinks it’s the last time that they will ever cross paths until he shows up the following day coincidently at Clayton’s hardware store, were millionaires are far from regulars. Mr. Grey insists to Ms. Steele that she must have a head shot for her article. Ms. Steele schedules the photo shoot and she finds herself smitten…until she visits his house and is introduced to the red room. A room with torture devices, handcuffs, and kinky fuckery hardware…without giving away too much more…I’d like to say, BUY THIS BOOK. You won’t regret it!

Laters Peeps!

No comments: