Friday, May 18, 2012

My first Blog post!


This is my first time writing a blog!  Thanks Stacey for the introduction! I am really excited to be joining in on the blog.  I am one of those people that needs a buddy to get through things. When I go on a diet, if someone isn’t dieting with me, I won’t stick with it. If I don’t have a workout partner, I am not going to work out. So, having three writing partners to help keep me in gear is just what I need! Thanks ladies for your inspiration!

 I started to love reading when I was in middle school. I couldn’t get my hands on Nancy Drew fast enough. I would read a book a day.  I like to read a variety of genres. I am a huge Harry Potter  fan.  I really think Harry, Hermione and Ron are my friends.  The characters in the books I read become so real to me. I get emerged in their story. Until I feel I am almost a part of it. Crazy I know.

I didn’t know I wanted to be an author. In high school I enjoyed making up stories that used my vocabulary words, but I didn’t think of writing a book. After college I had an idea one day and started writing. I was 22 years old. I didn’t tell anyone at first that I was writing a book. I didn’t even know where I was going with it. I had the beginning and that was it. I didn’t finish the book until years later. I had set it down and never picked it back up until I moved to Kentucky. Right before I met the infamous twins, I finished my romance novel. They were the first ones to read it all the way through!

  I wrote a young adult paranormal, mystery romance while living in Kentucky. I was homesick and based my book back in Michigan and created characters with a lot of the same characteristics of my family, friends, and even some not so well liked people in my life J I even used some of their real first names. I had a lot of fun writing that book, I wrote it quickly too. I wrapped it up a little too soon. It is one of my next projects to go back through and revise the end.

I have been working on writing my synopsis to send to Sue Grimshaw. I was ecstatic that she liked my pitch on, SEA OF PASSION. I planned all along to make it a trilogy. She asked in my synopsis to add in about the other two books I plan to add. The funny thing is, the characters I originally planned to use, I couldn’t come up with their story. I have thought of two completely different ones, and I love them!  I can’t wait to get writing them now!  I hope that Sue likes my first three chapters and will want to see the full. It would of course be a dream come true.  So keep your fingers crossed for me!!  I will keep you all posted!
Rebecca Johnson

4 comments:

Stacey Hays said...

This is perfect Beck. I'm proud of you and regardless of our literary careers we will always be in your corner.

Katie Kain said...

Wow, Becky! All I can say is I am very impressed! I've known you for so long. It seems as though that little girl w pig tails has grown into such a beautiful women & mother with wings & those wings are taking flight at full strength!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

good luck with your query! And welcome to the blogosphere!

Jennifer Nichols said...

Welcome, Beck! Awesome job on your first post! You're in for a fun--though at times crazy--journey. Enjoy the ride! :)