Sunday, May 27, 2012

Who are you?





I had a job interview last week. Don’t get excited…I didn’t get the job L  To be honest I am a little shocked they even interviewed me. I guess to get my hopes up for a minute that I might actually get a job after two years of looking. Anyways, they wanted someone with an extensive background in Economics. I have a Social Studies minor, which means I have taken two college courses in Econ.  I thought I did fairly well in the interview, except one question threw me off. It had nothing to even do with teaching or economics. They asked for me to tell them about myself, essentially who am I?



I froze!  Who am I? I paused before starting out. I responded that  I am a single mom with a two year old, I like to write and then I kind of went off on a tangent that had nothing to do with who I am.  All weekend long, I thought about that question. If asked again I won’t be shocked. I know who I am…but I actually had to think about it for a minute. So, I am asking all of you to think about the same question. Who are you? I hope you are happy with the answer to that question, if not you better get working!

1 comment:

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I HATE that question!!! I've got a degree in counseling and worked in social work...so circle time bullcrap questions were a dime a dozen!!!