Thursday, June 7, 2012

Better late than never...

I have a confession to make. I forgot it was Wednesday and therefore my turn to write a blog post *hangs her head in shame*. I know, I know. I fail on a major level and there’s really no excuse for it aside from the fact that my time schedule has been all out of wack lately. Because of my confusion, I had absolutely no idea what my topic should be. But then, I got to thinking about what blogging means to the writer’s community. Blogging, twitter, facebook, all of it.

I know that all forms of social media have been a direct influence on how I view the writing process, getting an agent, and the publishing business. Seriously, looking back on the past two years of my writing journey, a good portion of that time has been spent reading every little tidbit I could get my hands on and learning everything I could learn from some of the writing world’s most prominent voices. It’s actually quite humbling to read blog posts from my favorite agents and authors, knowing that I’m trying to share my own voice and opinion in the same fashion that they do. Granted, I know I don’t have the same audience that they do, but even they had to start somewhere and now look where they are.

It’s a lot of pressure for one person though. That’s why I’m so glad that I have the support of my fellow bloggers for “Our Pages Aren’t Numbered” because each of us brings something different to the table. With Tina, Stacey, Becca, and myself, each of us views writing in our own personal way, we each have a very distinct voice, and different views that together make up a well rounded unit. I view their writings the same way I view my favorite agents and authors, and look forward to seeing what they come up with everyday.

It’s an entire process. We learn from others, gather our own information and then share our knowledge with the next person in line. I just hope there are people out there who find anything that is posted on our blog as useful or entertaining. I know that I do. And I know that I am proud to be a part of the writing community, a part of this blog, and a part of the foundation that future writers will build upon. With the internet and social media venues as our playground, the world is a benefactor with unlimited means. All we have to do is reach out and grab it.


No comments: