Friday, June 15, 2012

Goal Achieved!!

I finished the re-write of my Young Adult paranormal, mystery, romance, DREAMER. I am now working on tweaking the synopsis and query letter.
This book has a special place in my heart. I started writing it when I was living in Kentucky and I was homesick. It takes place in my hometown of Troy, Michigan. A lot of my characters are based on my family and friends.  As I was writing it, I could see in my mind the characters so clearly.  The main character Rory is very much like me as well as a few of the girls I wrote as her friends.
I am looking forward to re-reading it again and editing.  I hope that others will enjoy reading what I have written as well!

Query Letter: DREAMER

I am pleased to submit for your consideration my completed young adult mystery romance, DREAMER. In this 70,000 word tale of secrets, unique abilities, and young love, never been kissed Rory Adair is torn between twin brothers while trying to solve the disappearance of four missing women, by following the clues of her nighttime dreams that always come true.

The only time that Rory ever told anyone that her dreams come true, she was six years old. Finding out that her Grandfather had died was not something she wanted to relive twice. After ten years of her dreams coming true night after night, she finally begins to dream of something exciting and new.  Rory begins to dream about a handsome stranger. This stranger turns out to be identical twin brothers who have just moved to Troy, Michigan from Virginia. The Wyatt twins take an instant liking to Rory.

After Rory’s best friend Stacey becomes the fourth missing woman, Rory hopes to put her dreams to good use. She teams up with Bryce Wyatt who has a secret ability of his own. Together they use their abilities, intellect, and gut feeling to find the missing women.  Rory must sort through her feeling for the Wyatt brothers and find her friend before she loses them all.

DREAMER is not just another love triangle story. The characters unique abilities and mystery bring a magical twist to teenage love. DREAMER will appeal to readers who enjoy the thrilling mystery and intrigue of NANCY DREW along with the romance of VAMPIRE DIARIES.

If you would like to further consider DREAMER, a full manuscript will be sent upon request.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

COMMENTS?? THOUGHTS??

No comments: