Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's a sister thing...

For the past three months, my cousin, sister, and partner in crime, Stacey and I have been in the process of writing our first book together. To say it has been a journey would be putting it mildly. In fact, it has been the most demanding, funnest, most satisfying experience I have ever taken part in.

Both Stacey and I have tried our hands at writing books in the past, but something has always gotten in the way. Whether it was lack on inspiration, writer's block, boredom, or disorganization, the truth remains that  neither of us had completed a manuscript. Until now. Granted, it's not entirely finished enough to be sent off to be published just yet, it does have a beginning, a middle, and an end. That's something I have never accomplished before and it's beyond exciting.

So, now the questions are...what is this blog for? Why is it needed? What good does it do? Well, I'll tell you. This blog was created with intention of allowing me and Stacey the opportunity to get our thoughts out there and by out there I mean out of our heads. AS a writer, sometimes it gets so full inside our minds when there are countless characters, story archs, plotlines, and real life worries running around slamming against our creative walls. We need an outlet. Whether we post about our books, our future plans concerning querying and finding an agent, or publishing in general, this is where our rants and worries can be written down. It's like our own personal pencieve.

With this in mind, I'm looking forward to seeing what we can come up with. There are so many topics out there to explore and so much to be said about the literary world. I look at this as an adventure all its own, another road to travel on, and the ultimate release of mental tension. So, hello all, welcome to Our Pages Aren't Numbered, and get ready for two wild and crazy girls.

No comments: