Friday, January 28, 2011

A New ERA

As our reader's are being drowned in Age of Eden, Jennifer and I are keyed up on the next book...Age of Eden II:Hell to Pay. We are tossing around new ideas for the book and have decided that she will dive into writing the prologue and I will write the first chapter.

I am so glad that we have the character analysis already done because that is what was the most time consuming last time. This time I feel that we will be more creative with the manuscript, I say this because during AOE, each individual chapter was laid out and carefully planned. I told Jennifer that with my newest book SOULS, I am just winging it...letting the creative juices flow. Believe it or not, I think that my m.s. is better for not planning.

Jennifer and I are both perfectionist and over achievers. Because of that we over think our ideas, layouts, and characters. We both want to achieve great things and in doing so, we won't let something leave our sight until its perfect. During AOE production, we spent months researching and developing our plans. During the writing process we were both so frustrated because we tried to stick to our guidelines, but I think it stunted our creativity. Sometimes the "characters" have a mind of their own and when we are forced to stick to a plan it limits the growth of a character and our creativity as a writer.

Needless to say, I am so psyched to start this new journey!

No comments: